Bilingual International Pre-school
The Bilingual International School prepares your child for a lifetime of curiosity and achievement. Our qualified teachers tend to our student’s intellectual, emotional, and social growth through a comprehensive program including language arts, mathematics, science, social studies, music, and art presented in both English and Italian using dual-immersion techniques and innovative pedagogy.
Each class is assigned one main English and one main Italian teacher, and with each teacher the students communicate in the corresponding language. Students learn through games, stories, songs and crafts allowing them to develop their language skills in a natural, engaging, and meaningful, fun ways.
Our curriculum combines both direct instruction (deductive approaches), the discovery method (inductive approaches) and play-based activities taking into account each student’s developmental level. We understand that children, even those who are the same age, grow and develop at different paces and we allow them to explore and learn at their own speed.
Borrowing from the Montessori philosophy of education, we promote self-motivated growth by nurturing each child’s natural desire for knowledge and understanding. Students are regularly given the opportunity to choose their workstation, or activity, directly relating to the day’s lesson. Allowing them to decide increases their desire to learn while helping them reach their objectives.
In addition we:
- Promote social development through respectful, clear communication and safe, natural consequences
- Contain a large variety of materials for the refinement of sensory perception and the development of literacy and mathematical understanding
- Offer opportunities for imaginative exploration leading to confident,creative self-expression
Benefits of Bilingualism
There are many benefits of bilingualism and starting young
- Young children are uniquely suited to learn a second language as their brain is in its most flexible stage.
- Bilingual children tend to have more “cognitive flexibility” which helps them adapt their behavior and thinking in response to their environment.
- Bilingual children are better able to focus, plan, prioritize and make decisions.
- Learning a second language can protect against Alzheimer’s and certain types of dementia.
Learning a second language…
- does not negatively impact the child’s native language.
- will not confuse your child.
- will not cause a speech or language disorder.
What is a Growth Mindset?
A growth mindset is the belief that intelligence improves through study and practice. Children (and adults!) with a growth mindset tend to see challenges as opportunities to grow because they understand that they can improve their abilities by pushing themselves. If something is hard, they understand it will push them to get better.
Fixed Mindset: I’m either good at something or I’m not.
Growth Mindset: I can improve my skills with effort and practice.
CSM Bilingual School
Via degli Argini, 8/14, 50032 - Borgo San Lorenzo Florence
Monday - Friday
8.30 am - 1.00 pm / 3.00 pm - 7.00 pm
Saturday and Sunday Closed
Via degli Argini, 8/14, 50032 - 50032 Borgo San Lorenzo FI, Italia
Phone: 055 84 95 765